TSC 1600 Closed
A closed measuring cell intended for investigating liquid electrolytes.
This measuring cell has a 1.6 mL platinum crucible as sample container. For smaller sample volumina, please use the TSC 70 Closed cell.
This cell is airtight and thus shielded against atmosphere and can be used with moisture-sensitive samples.
Gold-plated base (thermo block), platinum crucible, PEEK housing
Pt100 (in thermo block)
4 separate Pt-wires sealed in glass (default, other materials, e.g. glassy carbon, available on demand)
1.0 mL (min.) - 1.2 mL (max.)
Detailed DescriptionThe measuring cell TSC 1600 Closed consists of the following parts:
- 1 gold-plated thermo block with integrated Pt100 temperature sensor
- 1 platinum crucible embedded in the thermo block with maximum capacity of around 1.2 mL
- 1 housing made of PEEK with two o-rings (default material: EPDM, also available: FKM, or FFKM; item No. item no. 84040x)
- 1 screw cap with integrated electrode plug (4 separately connectable platinum electrodes, each with a polished front-end and isolated by lime-soda glass) and two inlets for fittings
- Capacity: max. 1.2 mL, min 1.0 mL
- Cell materials: platinum (sample container and electrodes), gold, glass, PEEK (housing and cap), FKM, EPDM (default material) or FFKM (o-rings)
- Integrated Pt100 temperature sensor
- Electrode plug (integrated in cap): 4 platinum wires isolated by glass, diameter 0.25 mm, front-end mirror-like polished, contacts separately led to the outside
- Temperature range (operation): -40 °C to +100 °C depending on sample amount and dew point
- Temperature range (storage): +10 °C to +30 °C
Suitable other ProductsThe measuring cell TSC 1600 closed is compatible with the following products:
The measuring cell TSC 1600 Closed has for instance been used for the following applications:
- Conductivity measurements of ionic liquids and mixtures of lithium salts with glymes
- Conductivity measurements of volatile carbonate based battery electrolytes
- Determination of stability windows of ionic liquids and volatile electrolytes by cyclic voltammetry
- Determination of HOMO-LUMO gaps of OLED dyes dissolved in organic solvents by cyclic voltammetry
Please also visit the Literature section for a list of pulications.