The measuring cell TSC Battery is based on a nickel-plated thermo block with integrated Pt100 temperature sensor. The cell is available in the two designs "standard" and "extended":
The "standard" version allows the investigation of planar samples of variable shape like active material for modern energy storage systems deposited on substrates, electrolyte soaked separators or solid ion conducting materials.
The "extended" version comes with two additional current collectors with punching edge, which enable the use of elemental lithium as electrode material.
For both cell designs, the loaded cell is sealed from the outside by a PEEK housing with several o-rings. Thus, sensitive materials are protected from the influence of oxygen or humidity. The housing of the three-electrode variant provides two lateral inlets for reference electrodes. These are located exactly in the middle between both electrodes.
The lateral inlets are fabricated in a way that elemental lithium as pseudo reference electrode as well as capillary-based micro-reference electrodes can be inserted.
Furthermore, additional electrolyte can be added into the three-electrode cell through one lateral inlet using rhd's capillary filling system.
The contact pressure applied to the current collectors and in turn on the samples can be adjusted with good precision by means of a spring.
The top side of the cell is closed with a screw cap made of PEEK which is equipped with a contact spring.
Suitable other Products
The measuring cell TSC Battery (standard) is compatible with the following products:
For instance, the measuring cell TSC Battery has been used for the following applications:
- Investigation of systems in the field of the Li-ion technology (half and full cells) in 2- and 3-electrode-configuration, e.g. measuring charge/discharge curves, or tracing the SEI formation by impedance spectroscopy
- Separator characterization, especially for determination of MacMullin numbers
- Characterization of super capacitor materials
- Conductivity measurements of moisture-, air- and photosensitive polyelectrolytes and polymer salt solutions
- Conductivity measurements of stable gels
- Conductivity measurements of ion conducting glasses
Please also visit the Literature
section for a list of pulications.